Is Microsoft Dynamics GP Going Away?
Since Microsoft adopted the cloud-first mantra a few years back, they have released a flurry of new cloud products for collaboration and productivity suites like Teams and Office 365, and the various Dynamics 365 offerings. With all the rapid change, many partners and users are asking themselves, Is Microsoft Dynamics GP going away?
Since its days as Great Plains, GP has been a go-to accounting and management solution for growing businesses and it appears the stalwart GP is not going away anytime soon.
A recent post at MSDynamicsWorld listed the following 5 commitments Microsoft has made to the Dynamics GP product and channel:
- Three GP updates per year, including tax updates in June, new features in October, and a year-end update in November/December. Additional updates will be added as needed.
- All new releases will contain bug fixes.
- Since the October 2019 release the version names have been dropped so the product is continually known simply as Dynamics GP. This doesn't mean there won't be new versions of Dynamics GP, but they will roll out incrementally without nick names or ‘vintages' like “GP 2018 R2” had in the "old days".
- Customers may stay current by taking at least one of the three yearly planned releases.
- The support policy is now consistent with most of the other Microsoft products.
Needless to say, the accounting software market is changing, but one key reason GP has lasted this long as a favorite accounting solution is its agility and adaptability, and that hasn't changed. Microsoft Partners who work with GP now, believe in the product and are in it for the long haul.
If you are a Microsoft Dynamics GP user or would like to be, you can learn more about updates and news concerning Dynamics GP by connecting with the following Microsoft Dynamics Partners who are committed to continued services around GP:
MIG - MIG & Co. specializes in implementing and supporting industry leading financial and business software that offer the lowest total cost of ownership. Since 1998, MIG's passion is to empower organizations to automate business processes and maximize productivity. https://www.mig.com/
Njevity - Njevity, Inc., is a Denver-based provider of Cloud and On Premises Accounting and Customer Relationship Management solutions to mid-market customers all over the world since 2001. Njevity is a Gold Certified Microsoft Partner and a Tier-1 Cloud Service Provider that has earned competencies in Dynamics ERP, Dynamics CRM, and Cloud Technologies. https://www.njevity.com/
The Anchor Group - The Anchor Group is a Texas-based Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner focused on implementation, integration, support, training and data conversion. They are committed to empowering businesses to be more productive and enable systems to adapt as their customers' grow, delivering the insight needed to respond quickly in an ever-changing world. http://www.anchorgrp.com/